I believe its quite fitting that for my 50th post, I am writing about being nominated for Liebster Award. I got nominated for this award by fellow blogger Purple Gloves. Just want to say a big thank you for nominating me. Never imagined that I will be nominated for an award on the interwebs. Hugs all around. According to him, the Liebster Blog Award was created as a way of highlighting blogs your readers should follow.
The rules of the Liebster Award rules are as follows:
- Thank the Liebster Blog Presenter who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Post 11 facts about yourself, answer the 11 questions you were asked and create 11 questions for your nominees.
- Nominate 11 blogs you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
- Display the Liebster Award logo
- No tag back.
So fasten your seat belts and and enjoy the ride.
11 Fascinating Bits About Myself
1. I have the most softest hands for a “guy” (well atleast thats what I’ve been told). I refuse to lift heavy things with my hands and will pay someone else to do it for me. My hands are very precious to me.
2. I am semi ambidextrous. This happened in the strangest of circumstances. When my dad shipped me off to Ghana to go learn about my culture, a kid in my neigbourhood stabbed my right palm with a rusty nail as he didn’t like me. I couldn’t write with right hand so I had to learn how to write with my left. I still have the scar on my right palm and it hurts when I write for more than 2 hours.
3. I am a very good cook. I finished a cookbook in one summer. I now need to work on my baking (mostly pastries) skills (I’m rubbish at it).
4. I’m also semi dyslexic. Don’t know how I passed Calculus and Statistics in university as I was always messing up the numbers.
5. I wanted to be a flight attendant when I was a kid but everyone said it was a terrible idea and I got yelled at by parents every time I said it in public
6. I have a converse addiction. I have about 20 pairs in my room back in the U.S. I also never buy shoes over $50. My mum is always the one to buy me dress shoes and they are almost always over $100
7. I am very particular about where I stay when I go on vacations. I usually prefer hotels but willing to make certain concessions
8. I like to sleep alot. I can spend the whole day in bed doing nothing and just drift in and out of sleep.
9. I have seen the movie Inception about seven times and that ending still bugs the hell out of me. Is it real or is he dreaming?? Gahhhhh
10. I find the female anatomy very intriguing. I can spend countless hours just exploring it. This is interesting as I don’t get aroused. I just like touching. My favourite part of the female body are the breasts.
11. I have never had a boyfriend or been in a relationship.
From Purple Gloves
1. Cats or dogs or other? If other, please specify:Dogs. I have always been a dog person but my parents never allowed me to get a pet dog. They had this weird Ghanaian superstition about allowing animals in our house
2. Talk about one thing you have done or didn’t do that you regret: My only regret so far was not giving a guy who wanted to date me a chance a few years ago. I don’t know why I didn’t. We could have been each other’s first…
3. Name one travel accessory you cannot do without: This is hard…can’t decide. But I will go with body spray. I absolutely cannot stand bad body odour. Yuck
4. If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would you pick and why? I will definitely choose Bali. From what I have seen and the conversations I have had with friends who have been there, it is absolutely magical. I can be able to connect with and appreciate some of the wonders of nature
5. What is your favorite type of music? Hmmm. again difficult one. I listen to all kinds music (save for Rap). Based on my the current most played genre in my iTunes music libray at the moment, I will go with Disco
6. Name one hobby. Does sleeping count as a hobby?
7. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be and why? I would definitely be more assertive instead of being passive aggressive. In some ways being passive aggressive works for me but sometimes I just explode and its not a pretty sight.
8. What is your favorite holiday of the year and why? Does birthday count as holiday? I don’t really have a favourite holiday of the year. I’m not really big on huge family gathering during holidays as it has always ended in someone crying, marriages being ended and loads of angry adults. Also due to the consumerist/capitalist nature of holidays its all about who gets the best gift. But I had one of the best Christmas celebrations this past December…
9. So far, what has been the high point of your WordPress blogging experience?. Well it allowed me to meet my future husband …haha just kidding or am I. For me its the fact that people actually read the blog and take time to comment. Also the fact that people from 36 different countries have visited this blog is amazing. Thank you to everyone who had read this blog with its typos and grammatical errors
10. If you could go back to any period in time to experience it or change it, what time would you choose and why? Interesting question. I always wondered how life was during the time of ancient Greece and Medieval Europe. I have always been fascinated by those time periods and the only thing I will potentially change will be more trade with the empires that were situated in Africa during those eras
11. Why do you blog?. I blog because its therapeutic. I started (private) blogging when I was 15 (using Blogger) about random things and it gave me an kind of escape when my depression and suicidal ideations kicked in. I loved the fact that I could just type away my thoughts and no one could see it and judge me for having them. The opportunity to “virtually” meet people and have conversations is a great perk.
Ladies and Gentlemen unfasten your seatbealts now. Hope you enjoyed the ride.
So here are my questions
1. What is the most private thing you are willing to admit
2. Which city is your favourite city and why?
3. What is a typical day in your life?
4. Name the five most important things in your life right now?
5. Do you have an alter ego? Why or why not?
6. If you could change one thing about your past what will it be
7. Do you think telling the truth is overrated?
8. Name your favourite childhood cartoon
9. What is the first thing people notice about you once they meet you
10. If you could save one person from dying who will it be
11. Are you an emotional blogger
Couldn’t nominate 11 blogs…